TeamStrick

RAINN Supporters Day: Celebrating RAINN's Achievements

RAINN Survivors Forum

Forum Home > Survivor Stories > dr. jekyll and mr. hyde

Alita

Hello there,

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is a story about a man, who by day was a doctor; and by night, was thought to believed, a man, who sought out prostitutes, destroyed their bodies and left them for dead.  I have my own personal account of that type of 2 character man; my father.  Although he did not kill prostitutes like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde persona; he did have behavioral changes from sober to drunk, via the excess consumption of alcohol.  When sober, he was the best dad anyone would and could want to be around; but when drunk, the alcohol literally "hit his head and damaged his brain cells".  He was a monster, that no one wanted to be around.  For a child growing up with already sexual abuse occurring on the outside of the home, this made the family dysfunctional; and hence more frightening that need be.  The fury and rage that he had bottled up inside of him, came out on a regular basis.  Although, years later, he apologized for his behavior; the scars were left on the children.  Sorry to say, that at 87 years old, my dad still drinks alcohol; but on a more positive note, I do not live with him anymore.  The healing has been ongoing; and for this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde reason, I do not drink alcohol at all.  Sometimes, I wonder if there was help for alcoholism a long time ago, or it if was his ego, not to get help.  Does anyone know of such a person?  Hoping to seek support and understanding someday.  God bless us all.  Amen.

Alita

--

Drugs, anorexia, alcohol, abuse of every kind and every way.  Lots to deal with.  Anyone willing to share, please respond.  Thanks

Alita

June 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.